We have just had some unscheduled downtime with the Creately service due to a database change not going as intended. The issue started at 5pm GMT and was resolved at approximately 11pm GMT.
The change was tested in our development and testing environment and even with the best change management it seems things still go wrong. The issue affected a change to the main diagram database structure that was required to facilitate our recent introduction of Team Projects to Creately.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused and rest assured that we have found the root cause of the problem. We have put steps in place to ensure this doesn’t happen again in the future. We will also be introducing extra redundancy to ensure that next time the switch over to the backup database is even quicker.
Creately is now back to normal, but if you face any issues, please do let us know.
Happy Diagramming and thanks for your support.